[PYTHON-CRYPTO] Memoryleak in SSL.Connection

Michael Dunstan michael at ELYT.COM
Tue Apr 6 04:04:48 CEST 2004

On 6/04/2004, at 2:23 AM, Ng Pheng Siong wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 01, 2004 at 09:49:07PM +0200, Andre Reitz wrote:
>> This patch doesnt work with python 2.2.3 !!!!
>>
>> something like this happens
>>   TypeError: unbound method ...() must be called with ... instance as
>> first argument (got nothing instead)
>
> Doh! Ditto with Python 2.1. Bombed out in asyncore.py's poll(),
> although
> the implementations of poll() in the various versions of asyncore.py
> look
> similar enough.

Doh! indeed. :-(

Looks like for ZServerSSL setblocking is called by medusa core yet
https_server.py calls _write_nbio and _read_nbio directly. Thus that
exception is not seen when used with ZServerSSL.

Well - that is my current guess for why the patch worked for me. Anyway
- sorry about that.

>> but....
>> here is my patch, which should work in any case:
>> (but not so efficient)
>
> Ok, let's see...

Looks a lot more careful. Lets use that. :-)