[PYTHON-CRYPTO] M2Crypto Package

Ng Pheng Siong ngps at POST1.COM
Thu Apr 15 02:57:07 CEST 2004

On Wed, Apr 14, 2004 at 10:00:52AM -0400, Valeriy Pogrebitskiy wrote:
> My group is using custom-built Python 2.2.1 package (which does not
> include Makefile, and does not have "distutils"). Thus, we are unable to
> compile and install any of the third-party Python modules - unless we can
> find pre-built (pre-compiled) packages. Currently, we need to get
> M2Crypto package.

Does SWIG/Makefile.py22 not do what you need?

Unless your custom Python packaging renders the standard Python include
files useless, you should be able to build using that makefile.

By convention Distutils installs into <python>/site-packages/M2Crypto. You
can do that by hand.

BTW, I worked in APHO in 99/00. (Kerberos, smart cards, etc.) Nice to see
you guys using this. ;-)

Cheers.

--
Ng Pheng Siong <ngps at netmemetic.com>