[PYTHON-CRYPTO] M2Crypto build problems.

Terry Kerr terry at BIZARSOFTWARE.COM.AU
Fri Jun 25 07:38:53 CEST 2004

The m2crypto I built doesnt work.  I get the error:

>>> import M2Crypto
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
  File "/home/builder/lib/python2.3/site-packages/M2Crypto/__init__.py",
line 7, in ?
    import __m2crypto
ImportError: /home/builder/lib/python2.3/site-
packages/M2Crypto/__m2crypto.so: Undefined symbol "EVP_aes_192_cfb"

I built and are running on a freebsd 4.3 system.
I built python2.3.3 from source, swig 1.3.21 from source, openssl-0.9.7d
from source and m2crypto0.13 from source.  I had no problems building, but
the module just won't load.  The openssl tests also run without any

I didn't see anything related to this in the mailing list or when I
seached google?

I used the exact same source downloads of openssl, python, swig and
m2crypto to build a working version of m2crypto on a debian linux system,
so I assume the fault has something to do with my freebsd system, but I
can't image what.  I had m2crypto 0.06 running in python 2.1.1 on this
machine previously, and it worked OK.  I am a bit of a beginner...can
somebody point me in the right direction?