[PYTHON-CRYPTO] X509 certificates for authorization using M2Crypto

Henrik Thostrup Jensen htj at CS.AAU.DK
Tue May 25 10:52:53 CEST 2004

Hi

Im trying to setup mutual authentication using X509 certificates over an SSL
connection using M2Crypto, however being quite new to SSL I have some troubles.

Each side has a certifacte with a random generated key pair (of short lived
time), which is signed by my own CA (which is again signed by another CA,
but I dont think this is important). If each side can present a signed
certificate they can trust each other.

How should the certificates be loaded - and which should be loaded, that is,
can i do without my public key and only use the x509 certificate, or do i
need both? I've looked at the examples in the M2Crypto distribution
(echoserver and such), but have not been able to solve this problem.

If anyone can answer this or provide some examples, I would gratefull.

Best regards, Henrik