[PYTHON-CRYPTO] M2Crypto sprint for Europython?

Conrad Steenberg conrad at HEP.CALTECH.EDU
Fri Apr 15 00:50:34 CEST 2005

Hi all

I'm also more than willing to resend my patches and help with their
integration.

Cheers

Conrad

On Thu, 2005-04-14 at 15:35 -0700, Keith Jackson wrote:
> Heikki,
> None of my group can make Europython, but we're certainly willing to
> help in anyway we can from California. We've been really frustrated
> with the lack of a standard, full-featured, robust set of OpenSSL
> wrappers. To enable session resumption support in Twisted we
> contributed patches back to PyOpenSSL but no one seems to be
> maintaining the code any longer. At least none of our mail has been
> responded to.
>
>   I'd love to see one package emerge as the standard Python OpenSSL
> interface. Getting M2Crypto up to speed seems like a good place to
> start. I'm willing to help get a good task list together to help
> organize what needs done, or anything else that might help move this
> forward.
> thanks,
> --keith
>

> On Apr 13, 2005, at 4:49 PM, Heikki Toivonen wrote:
>
> > I am pondering about attending Europython (http://www.europython.org/)
> > in late July, and was wondering if there is any interest in having an
> > M2Crypto sprint there. I would like to see M2Crypto API cleaned to be
> > consistent, and to fill in any missing holes. Also there have been
> > reports from Guido etc. about difficulties in using M2Crypto, and
> > having
> > memory leaks, so we could take care all of that in the sprint. Anybody
> > else interested?
> >
> > --
> >   Heikki Toivonen

Conrad D. Steenberg, Ph. D.      California Institute of Technology
Research Scientist               MC 356-48
High Energy Physics              1200 E. California Blvd.
E-mail: conrad at hep.caltech.edu   Pasadena, CA
Voice : +1 (626) 395-8758        91125
Fax   : +1 (626) 584-9304        USA
Conrad Steenberg