[PYTHON-CRYPTO] Encryption and Python

Ajay Brar ajay.brar at GMAIL.COM
Sat Jan 8 01:10:05 CET 2005

it would help if you could tell us what stuff in the Python
Cryptography Toolkit doesn't work for you? Perhaps you are not using
it correctly. I used the toolkit and had no problems whatsoever.

you could also use OpenSSL with the Python wrapper for it. But if its
only encrypt/decrypt that you want, Kuchling's toolkit is the best.

On Fri, 7 Jan 2005 13:56:06 +0100, Gagnesh Kumar
<gagnesh.kumar at india.techspan.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I would like to encrypt/decrypt my data in Python2.4.
> What would be the best way to do it.
> I have been struggling with M2Crypto but there is not much information on
> the internet about how to install it.The information which I could get from
> the internet has not been of much help either.
> I installed A.M Kuchling's Python Cryptography Toolkit but some of the
> stuff mentioned in the manual does not seem to work for me.
> I am new to Python and Cryptography.
> Can someone please suggest the sites/links which has working examples of
> Cryptography for Python?
> Regards,
> Gagnesh

Ajay Brar