[PYTHON-CRYPTO] added feature to setup.py

Guido van Rossum guido at PYTHON.ORG
Mon Nov 7 21:32:32 CET 2005

On 11/7/05, Matthew Rodriguez DSD staff <MKRodriguez at lbl.gov> wrote:
> I added a feature to setup.py in m2crypto, so that it would take an
> --openssl argument.
> This would point to the prefix of the openssl installation. This is
> useful for me, because I'm compiling against openssl-0.9.8a libraries
> which are installed in a non standard location.
>
> I'm using the 0.15 branch.

I forwarded this to a local user who's been dealing with the same
issue. His comments:

"""
Actually I think he missed the the -I argument that gets passed to swig,
since the .i file has an include directive for one of the openssl
headers.  Either the build has changed since the 0.15 release so that
this is no longer required or he didn't realize that this was necessary
because he has an openssl in /usr, just not the version he's trying to
build against.
"""

What's your response to that?