[PYTHON-CRYPTO] added feature to setup.py

Heikki Toivonen heikki at OSAFOUNDATION.ORG
Tue Nov 8 00:07:43 CET 2005

>> On 11/7/05, Matthew Rodriguez DSD staff <MKRodriguez at lbl.gov> wrote:
>>>
>>> I'm using the 0.15 branch.

I have been really puzzled by people claiming to use 0.15 and having
const problems with various OpenSSL versions, when I believe I fixed all
of them up to OpenSSL 0.9.8 in 0.15.

Now I think found the reason.

The 0.15 *branch* in the Subversion repository is not the same as the
0.15 *tag*. In fact, 0.15 development happened on the trunk exclusively,
and the *tag* was created from the *trunk*. Or in other words, 0.15
development was never on the 0.15 *branch*.

This is partly a fault of mine. When I release 0.15 I forgot there was
this misleading branch that was not even used and I should have deleted
it and created the correct 0.15 branch.

Could you please confirm if you were using the bad branch or the correct
tag?

Correct: http://svn.osafoundation.org/m2crypto/tags/0.15/
Bad:     http://svn.osafoundation.org/m2crypto/branches/0.15/

Also, if I won't hear any objections I will be nuking the current bad
branch and creating a correct one from the 0.15 tag within the next
couple of days.

--
  Heikki Toivonen