[PYTHON-CRYPTO] M2Crypto 0.16 mini-roadmap proposal

Matt Rodriguez MKRodriguez at LBL.GOV
Tue Feb 14 19:43:14 CET 2006

Heikki Toivonen wrote:

I think we should require SWIG version  1.3.24 or newer(The latest
version 1.3.28). They were a lot of changes
between version 1.3.23 an d 1.3.24, which could make supporting older
versions difficult.
I've made this a requirement for one of my projects.

I think we should have M2Crypto work with OpenSSL 0.9.7 and newer. We've
already done
a lot of the work to make M2Crypto to work with 0.9.7 and 0.9.8
versions. So I think it is worth the
effort and I believe that the cvs code compiles with 0.9.7 and 0.9.8
versions.

Python 2.3 or newer seems like a reasonable requirement.

Matt Rodriguez