[PYTHON-CRYPTO] installing M2Crypto

Gara Batus garabatus at GMAIL.COM
Thu Jul 26 16:59:50 CEST 2007

Hi there,

I'm trying to install and use m2crypto-0.18beta2 in Windows Vista.

I download and installed:

python-2.5 (windows installer Package)
Win32OpenSSL-0_9_8e

and when I try:

pyhton setup.py build

I'm getting the following error:

error: Python was built with Visual Studio 2003;
extensions must be built with a compiler than can generate compatible binaries.
Visual Studio 2003 was not found on this system. If you have Cygwin installed,
you can try compiling with MingW32, by passing "-c mingw32" to setup.py.

Currently, I'm using VS 2005.

I was googling for a while and I found this post in this list:

https://listserv.surfnet.nl/scripts/wa.cgi?A2=ind0703&L=PYTHON-CRYPTO&P=R1014&D=0&H=0&I=-3&O=T&T=1

_but_

I opened the Visual Studio Command Prompt and tried a lot of command
lines trying to set the SWIGLIB environment variable but I couldn't
get it.

Please, if someone can give me more details of how I can install the
m2crypto will be perfect to me.

best regards,

gara.