[PYTHON-CRYPTO] M2Crypto RSA PKCS #1 v2.1 PSS (RSASSA-PSS) Padding

C. Collis koniosis at GMAIL.COM
Mon Nov 17 11:16:49 CET 2008

I have a question I was hoping someone could answer.

I need to use PKCS #1 v2.1 PSS (RSASSA-PSS) padding as part of my RSA
sign and verify process, described here:
ftp://ftp.rsasecurity.com/pub/pkcs/pkcs-1/pkcs-1v2-1.pdf

I know this can be done using the OpenSSL library using the functions from:

openssl\crypto\rsa\rsa_pss.c

RSA_verify_PKCS1_PSS()

And

RSA_padding_add_PKCS1_PSS()

Does M2Crypto support this ability, if not, I would be happy to help
add it. If there is no support how hard would it be to gain access to
these two functions from rsa_pcc.c from within Python?

Any help greatly appriciated. I can't seem to find hardly any information on
PKCS-PSS with OpenSSL or just in general!

Thank you,

Chris