[Python-cuba] Work Group Report for november

Pablo Gabriel Celayes pablocelayes at gmail.com
Fri Dec 11 19:18:10 EST 2015

Ewa, in case you haven't seen it, this is our WG report for the month of
november.
I have some news on my side with the visit of Alejandro Zamora Fonseca from
Cuba in my town Córdoba, Argentina, but that will be part of the next
report for december/15.

Python Cuba Working Group - Activities Report - November 2015:
(by Olemis Lang)

1. I've contacted some local groups in Havana and they have WELCOMED
(<= yeah with capital letters ;) the idea of encouraging the
participation of speakers talking about subjects related to Python .
Monthly meetings are already happening so the goal here is more likely
to look for people working with Python-powered techs and/or keen to
prepare talks about related subjects .

2. I'm trying to contact friends in Camagüey , Villa Clara and Holguín
so as to know what's going on there and encourage the organization of
similar meetings . I'd also like'em to travel to Havana City to
participate in the aforementioned monthly meetings , and vice-versa
i.e. motivate people living in Havana to travel to other provinces . I
look forward to suggestions aimed at adding provinces like Cienfuegos
, Sancti Spiritus and Granma , which are traditional regions for
development of Informatics (<- so I refuse to believe that nothing is
happening there ...) .

3. As an intermediate step towards the organization of the first PyCon
, I'm looking forward to explore (with other colleagues, who are
trying to make this happen) the possibility of incubating a sub-event
dedicated to Python within another conference with much broader scope
. ETA -> next year .

4. Looking forward to organizing a Python conference in Cuba I have
been contacting some people but still need to meet some others . It's
too early to disclose any further details beyond these , but I have
quite a few concrete ideas to figure out how to sort out some
obstacles and work towards establishing a concrete and realistic
schedule for organizing a Python conference in Cuba next year .

--

*ıl**l**ıl**l**ı* ρąβℓ๏ *ıllı**lı*
https://www.linkedin.com/in/pablogabrielcelayes