[Python-cuba] Fwd: [PSF-Members] Python Cuba working group

David Mertz mertz at gnosis.cx
Thu May 7 23:02:49 CEST 2015

Hi All,

We have a mailing list now! So that's good progress.  I hope you are all
happy to participate, and I'd love to have more; especially actual Cubans.

I think the (co-)chair should absolutely be a Spanish speaker with some
fluency.  I wasn't certain that Luciano wasn't, but I see not in his note
below (some Brazilians have learned Spanish, of course; and some Americans;
but neither he nor I has done so sufficiently well).

However, I do want to be clear that even for this, I'm just talking about a
chair for the PSF outreach group.  Actual Python events in Cuba should
REALLY be organized by Cubans, or at least by long-time residents there.
For the moment, I'm the only admin on the list, but I'd love to make that
not the case, and share--or simply pass off--the more important role to
someone with deeper Cuban connections.

Best wishes, David...