[Python-cuba] [PSF-Members] Fwd: Python Cuba working group

kirby urner kirby.urner at gmail.com
Tue May 12 20:59:41 CEST 2015

> BTW, the Brazilian PyCon is called PythonBrasil (one word). There's a
> story behind the name switch: one of our first conferences was in a
> small city, and the local media was really excited about the
> conference. So on the local paper and radio station there was a lot of
> buzz about the "Pycon" language conference coming to town, how the
> "Pycon" language was used in major companies like Google, and so on.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Luciano

Interesting story. **

I know Henrique Bastos from Brasil.  He's visited Portland lots.  And Tati.

Anyway, given our Monty Python heritage and Monty Python's Flying Circus,
I think any word that gives the flavor of "circus" or "carnival" is what we
might want, in any vernacular.

PyCirco?

Does that work at all?  Same in Spanish and Portuguese.

PyCircus in English or PyCarnival.  PyCon is more business sounding
though, not suggesting any changes there.

The etymology of the English / Amerish word "geek" is connected:

http://www.etymonline.com/index.php?term=geek

So it all fits, in other words.  :-D

Hi Facundo, I've been in some of your talks.

Kirby

https://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0327/

** Switching this back to Python Cuba group.  psf-members is so secretive,
not sure I trust it.