[Python-cuba] ACTION NEEDED: Working Group Reports Due for November

Olemis Lang olemis at gmail.com
Sun Dec 11 00:56:27 EST 2016

On Thu, Dec 1, 2016 at 12:15 PM, Betsy Waliszewski <betsy at python.org> wrote:

> It's that time again for your monthly working group reports. If you have
> nothing new to report for November, just let me know.

Sorry for the delay . I've been traveling . I'll be brief because I
honestly don't remember all the things I've been doing these days

In Charlotte, Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC

- Contacts with many companies, non-profits and prospective sponsors for
SciPyLA 2017
- Attended Hack NC, a hackathon we'll consider as a reference to run ours
- Contacts in UNC Chapel Hill, Queens University of Charlotte, Duke
University, UNCC , Winthrop University, Wharton Alumni Club of Charlotte
- Attended three job fairs we'll consider as a reference to run ours
- Contacts with Mrs Roberts , Major of Charlotte, and members of city and
district councils
- Contacts maker spaces in Charlotte
- Contacts Python, Hadoop and Big Data in Charlotte
- Contacts with co-working and business accelerators
- Contacts UVA
- Contacts Code for Charlotte

Washington DC metro area

- Meeting with PSF director
- Contacts Python, Hadoop and Big Data communities
- Contacts Digital Analytics Association
- Contacts Code for DC
- Contacts University of Maryland
- Contacts maker spaces in DC
- Contacts Philosophy Society of Washington
- Contacts with many companies, non-profits and prospective sponsors for
SciPyLA 2017

New York

- Contacts Columbia University, NYU
- Contacts Python, Hadoop and Big Data in NYC
- Contacts Code for NYC
- Contacts maker spaces NYC
- Contacts with many companies, non-profits and prospective sponsors for
SciPyLA 2017

Other

- Interview to Jeudy Blanco , SciPyLA Ambassador in Costa Rica [1]_
- Organization looking forward to PyDay + Docker Holguín
- Organization looking forward to PyDay + Docker Santa Clara

I might send you further updates

.. [1] https://www.facebook.com/TheCubanTech/videos/703883303099577/

--
Regards,