[Python-cuba] ACTION NEEDED: January Working Group Reports

Olemis Lang olemis at gmail.com
Sun Feb 7 14:48:31 EST 2016

On 2/4/16, Betsy Waliszewski <betsy at python.org> wrote:
> Hi WGs,
>
> It's time for your January 2016 progress reports. If you could send them to
> me by Wednesday, February 10, that would be excellent. I will add them to
> the next board meeting minutes from our February meeting.

[...]

I suggest an initial list as follows :

  - Confirmation of a talk about
    "Reflections on teaching Python to (data) scientists"
    by David Mertz in the context of Cuba Conference [1]_
    * PyCuLeaks : afaik , scheduled on April 25th ;)
  - Participation in Cuba Conference of other PSF members
    * still WiP , but should be carved in stone in the
      next few days
  - CubaConf grant proposal submitted to the board
  - In the context of CubaConf , organization of a sprint
    aimed at improving Brython integration with node.js
    * April 27th
  - 9th edition of Encuentro Social de Desarrolladores
    scheduled on March 12th will be dedicated to run the first
    edition of PyDay Havana
    * three talks confirmed
  - 10th edition of Encuentro Social de Desarrolladores on April
    will receive David Mertz, who will talk about
    "Functional programming in Python"
    * <joke>... forbidden to talk about monads in there !
      you want'em monads? you ain't go to a snaky heaven ...</joke>
  - Contacts with some intl. communities
  - A handful of other tasks
    * ... but still WiP

Please , feel free to modify them at will and/or add your own .

.. [1] http://www.cubaconf.org/

--
Regards,

Olemis - @olemislc