[Python-cuba] Plone Conf in Cuba

Steve Piercy - Website Builder Web at StevePiercy.com
Thu Mar 24 17:38:43 EDT 2016

On 3/24/16 at 1:51 PM, olemis at gmail.com (Olemis Lang) pronounced:

>On 3/24/16, Medardo Rodriguez <med at merchise.org> wrote:
>>Some time ago we evaluate the possibility of doing a Plone Conf here in
>>Cuba. I
>>think we must integrate this event to our 2016 list.
>>

>Sure ... but Medardo , I guess you meant 2017 ?

PloneConf 2016 shall be held in Boston, Massachusetts, US:
https://plone.org/events/conferences/plone-conference-2016/plone-conference-2016-boston-massachusetts-usa

I'd suggest contacting the conference organizers for hosting
future global PloneConfs.

In the non-global scope, the Plone Foundation sponsors Plone events.
https://plone.org/foundation/event-sponsorship

Also currently travelers between the US and Cuba must either go
through a proxy country (slow) or have a direct chartered flight
with a specific purpose (expensive).  For me through a proxy, it
would be at least an 19-hour journey with layovers, excluding
transportation to and from airports.  I have heard that an
agreement for direct flights is being negotiated by our governments.

--steve

Steve Piercy              Website Builder              Soquel, CA
<web at StevePiercy.com>               <http://www.StevePiercy.com/>