[Python-cuba] ACTION NEEDED: PSF Monthly Reports Due

Olemis Lang olemis at gmail.com
Thu Sep 22 14:14:03 EDT 2016

Please don' t do so now . I suggest you to close the WG once events
actually happen and be stable in time .

I've been quite busy working towards strict deadlines , that's why I
will not be able to submit a full/long report. Some items about
SciPyLA 2017 **only** (work in progress)

- Setup of the paper submission process
- Development of SciPyLA 2017 web site
- Call for Ambassadors
- Call for Papers
- Call for Reviewers
- Call for Academic Partners
- Call for Sponsors
- ... more ...

On 9/22/16, kirby urner <kirby.urner at gmail.com> wrote:
> Should we declare:  mission accomplished?
>
> AFAIK, we have SciPy conference lined up, probably other events as well by
> now.
>
> The original goal was to have Python events in Cuba.  I think we've
> achieved that.
>
> This isn't the organizers list for the nitty gritty organizing of said
> events.
>
> Maybe the idea of monthly WG reports is unnecessary in our case?
>
> Should we close the WG and just keep it around as a part of the PSF
> historical record?
>
> Kirby
>

> On Wed, Sep 21, 2016 at 7:26 AM, Betsy Waliszewski <betsy at python.org>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi WGs,
>>
>> It's that time again to submit your monthly report of what your group has
>> been up to for the month of September. It's important that our community
>> see the work that we're doing to support Python. The reports that are
>> submitted are added to the minutes of the last meeting of each month. All
>> board members and staff members are asked to do the same thing.
>>
>> Please take a few moments to put together a short paragraph and send it
>> me no later than Wednesday, September 28th.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Betsy
>>
>> --
>> Betsy Waliszewski