[Python-Dev] Notice of intent: rich comparisons

Greg Ward gward at cnri.reston.va.us
Wed Apr 21 21:10:08 CEST 1999

On 21 April 1999, Guido van Rossum said:
> Distutil
>
> 	Should we start integrating some of the results of the
> 	distutil SIG?  (What's the status?  I haven't been paying
> 	attention.)

It's in a state that other people can look at the code, but (apparently)
not yet good enough for floods of patches to come in.  Right now,
Distutils has *just* enough marbles to "build" and install itself on
Unix systems, and someone has contributed a patch so it works on NT.  No
support yet for compiling extensions, which of course is the important
thing.

        Greg
Greg Ward - software developer                    gward at cnri.reston.va.us
1895 Preston White Drive                           voice: +1-703-620-8990
Reston, Virginia, USA  20191-5434                    fax: +1-703-620-0913