[Python-Dev] Notice of intent: rich comparisons

David Ascher da at ski.org
Wed Apr 21 21:19:42 CEST 1999

On Wed, 21 Apr 1999, Guido van Rossum wrote:

> > Guido, how do you envision python-dev working?
>
> I though we'd just crack Monty Python jokes while pretending to work :-)

That'd be better than what I've read on the perl5-porters list in the last
couple of days (which I'm reading because of the ad hoopla).  They seem to
spend their time arguing about whether Perl codes are programs or scripts.
Viciously, too. =)

More seriously, some of the discussions they're having a worth keeping an
eye on, just as a form of legal industrial spying.

> Import revamp

There was an interesting bit from Greg, Jack, and MarkH on this topic
recently in the distutil-sig.  Maybe one of them can bring the rest of us
up to date on the effort.

--david