[Python-Dev] More flexible namespaces.

Christian Tismer tismer at appliedbiometrics.com
Fri Apr 30 17:57:09 CEST 1999

Guido van Rossum wrote:

> > From: Christian Tismer <tismer at appliedbiometrics.com>
> > May I have a look?
>
> Sure!
>
> (I've forwarded Christian the files per separate mail.)

Thanks a lot!

> I'm also interested in your opinion on how well thought-out and robust
> the patches are -- I've never found the time to do a good close
> reading of them.

Yes, it is quite long and not so very easy to digest.
At first glance, most of the changes are replacements of
dict access with mapping access where we pay for the extra
indirection.
It depends on how often this feature will really replace
dicts. If dicts are more common, I'd like to figure out
how much code bloat extra special casing for dicts would give.

Puha - thanks - chris

Kaiserin-Augusta-Allee 101   :    *Starship* http://starship.python.net
10553 Berlin                 :     PGP key -> http://wwwkeys.pgp.net