[Python-Dev] Portable and OS-dependent module idea/proposal/

Fri, 20 Aug 1999 15:25:25 -0500 (CDT)

    Gordon> It gets worse, I think. How about the inconsistencies in POSIX
    Gordon> support among *nixes? How about NT being a superset of Win9x?
    Gordon> How about NTFS having capabilities that FAT does not? I'd guess
    Gordon> there are inconsistencies between Mac flavors, too.

To a certain degree I think the C module(s) that interface to the underlying
OS's API can iron out differences.  In other cases you may have to document
minor (known) differences.  In still other cases you may have to relegate
particular functionality to the OS-dependent modules.

Skip Montanaro	| http://www.mojam.com/
skip@mojam.com  | http://www.musi-cal.com/~skip/
847-971-7098