[Python-Dev] Missing POSIX functions: the list

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fdrake@acm.org
Thu, 9 Dec 1999 13:10:44 -0500 (EST)

Andrew M. Kuchling writes:
 > After poking around in the O'Reilly POSIX book, here's a list of POSIX
 > functions that don't seem to be available in Python.  Not all of them
 > seem worth supporting.   Ironically, Greg Ward's daemonize() Perl

  I think your assessment is reasonable.  I looked at posixmodule.c
and note also that the functions use PyArg_Parse() and PyArg_NoArgs()
instead of using PyArg_ParseTuple().  The advantage of
PyArg_ParseTuple() is that the name of the function can be specified
for inclusion in TypeError messages when the arguments are not of the
right type.
  I'm doing some work to correct this now.  I've also added ctermid(),
and will try to add at least a few more before I check in the changes.

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.	     <fdrake@acm.org>