[Python-Dev] zipfile.py

Greg Stein gstein@lyra.org
Tue, 14 Dec 1999 11:23:36 -0800 (PST)

On Tue, 14 Dec 1999, James C. Ahlstrom wrote:

> Greg Stein wrote:
> >

> > Can you post zipfile.py so that people can starting reviewing that?
>
> Yes, it will be available by next Monday.  I just want to
> get it really working and pretty, and with documentation.

My point was that people could possibly use it *before* then. Not
everybody needs it to be pretty, needs doc, or needs it fully working.
Maybe people would like to provide feedback on the API. Maybe they'd like
to start their own modules that use your library.

This goes back to my years-old statement: release it now rather than later
-- people can always use it now, and there might not be a later.

Release early. Release often. :-)

People are too hesitant to release code. Why? Just send it out there. When
you update it, send out another. It doesn't hurt anybody to have more than
one release.

Cheers,
-g

--