[Python-Dev] zipfile.py

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fdrake@acm.org
Thu, 16 Dec 1999 16:33:36 -0500 (EST)

M.-A. Lemburg writes:
 > Aside: I found that you are using undocumented arguments to
 > zlib.compressobj() ... are these extra arguments left out of
 > the documentation on purpose or by simple oversight ? I couldn't
 > find them in the HTML docs and neither in the docstrings.

  The documentation is way out of date and Jeremy Hylton and Andrew
Kuchling haven't updated it.  I'm not sure which of them changed the
signatures for that module, but I've pestered Jeremy about it a few
times.
  If anyone would like to update the documentation, I'd certainly
appreciate it.  I don't know the details of those interfaces, and this
is somewhere where the details are pretty critical.

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.	     <fdrake@acm.org>