[Python-Dev] Batteries Included?

James C. Ahlstrom jim@interet.com
Mon, 20 Dec 1999 14:33:11 -0500

Jack Jansen wrote:

> Archive files solves the problem for Python modules. But that leaves the
> problem of dynamically loaded modules. And resources for dialogs and such, if
> you use native GUI stuff on Mac or Windows.

Point taken.

For dynamically loaded modules, I believe in following the
native system's DLL path, and not adding eccentric Python
logic.  But many disagreed a couple week's ago when I raised this.

For resources, I think the archive file can accommodate this,
although it seems highly system dependent.

Anyway, any file at all can live in the archive and the import
mechanism for *.pyc will not be damaged nor unduly slowed down
by its presence.

JimA