[Python-Dev] Generator details

Guido van Rossum guido@CNRI.Reston.VA.US
Sat, 10 Jul 1999 10:28:13 -0400

[Christian]
> The frame stack becomes a frame tree, and you can jump like Tarzan
> from leaf to leaf [...].

Christian, I want to kiss you!  (OK, just a hug.  We're both
Europeans. :-)

This one remark suddenly made me understand much better what
continuations do -- it was the one missing piece of insight I still
needed after Tim's explanation and skimming the Scheme tutorial a bit.
I'll have to think more about the consequences but this finally made
me understand better how to interpreter the mysterious words ``the
continuation represents "the rest of the program"''.