[Python-Dev] ActiveState & fork & Perl

Greg Stein gstein at lyra.org
Tue Jun 8 05:13:42 CEST 1999

Mark Hammond wrote:

> [Please dont copy this out of this list :-]

It's in the archives now... :-)

>...[well-said comments about open source and businesses]...
>
> May be some interesting times ahead.  For some time now I have meant to
> pass this on to PPSI as a heads-up, just incase they intend playing in that
> space in the future.  So consider this it ;-)

I've already met Dick Hardt and spoken with him at length. Both on an
individual basis, and as the President of PPSI. Nothing to report...
(yet)

Cheers,
-g

p.s. PPSI is a bit different, as we intend to fill the "support gap"
rather than move into real products; ActiveState does products, along
with support type stuff and other miscellaneous (I don't recall Dick's
list offhand).

--
Greg Stein, http://www.lyra.org/