[Python-Dev] ActiveState & fork & Perl

David Ascher da at ski.org
Tue Jun 8 08:12:11 CEST 1999

> Okay, folks.  I must have missed the memo.  Who are ActiveState and
> sourceXchange?  I can't be the only person on python-dev who never heard of
> either of them before this evening.  I guess I'm the only one who's not shy
> about exposing their ignorance.

Well, one answer is to look at www.activestate.com and
www.sourcexchange.com, of course =)

ActiveState "does" the win32 perl port, for money.  (it's a little
controversial within the Perl community, which has inherited some of RMS's
"Microsoft OS? Ha!" attitude).

sourceXchange is aiming to match open source programmers with companies
who want open source work done for $$'s, in a 'market' format. It was
started by Brian Behlendorf, now at O'Reilly, and of Apache fame.

Go get dinner. =)

--david