[Python-Dev] Stackless Preview

Barry A. Warsaw bwarsaw at cnri.reston.va.us
Wed Jun 9 16:48:34 CEST 1999

    TP> Vlad, get linefix.py from Python FTP contrib's System area;
    TP> converts among Unix, Windows and Mac line conventions; to Unix
    TP> by default.  For that matter, do a global replace of ^M in
    TP> Emacs <wink>.

I forgot to follow up to Vlad's original message, but in XEmacs (dunno
about FSFmacs), you can visit DOS-eol files without seeing the ^M's.
You will see a "DOS" in the modeline, and when you go to write the
file it'll ask you if you want to write it in "plain text".  I use
XEmacs all the time to convert between DOS-eol and
eol-The-Way-God-Intended :)

To enable this, add the following to your .emacs file:

(require 'crypt)

-Barry