[Python-Dev] stackable ints [stupid idea (ignore) :v]

David Ascher da at ski.org
Fri Jun 11 19:42:59 CEST 1999

On Fri, 11 Jun 1999, Aaron Watters wrote:

> I thought it would be good to be able to do the following loop with Numeric
> arrays
>
>     for x in array1:
>          array2[x] = array3[x] + array4[x]
>
> without any memory management being involved.  Right now, I think the

FYI, I think it should be done by writing:

array2[array1] = array3[array1] + array4[array1]

and doing "the right thing" in NumPy.  In other words, I don't think the
core needs to be involved.

--david

PS: I'm in the process of making the NumPy array objects ExtensionClasses,
    which will make the above much easier to do.