[Python-Dev] String methods... finally

Tim Peters tim_one at email.msn.com
Sat Jun 12 08:19:33 CEST 1999

[GvR]
> (I sometimes wished I wasn't in the business of making releases.  I've
> asked for help with making essential patches to 1.5.2 available but
> nobody volunteered... :-( )

It's kinda baffling "out here" -- checkin comments usually say what a patch
does, but rarely make a judgment about a patch's importance.  Sorting thru
hundreds of patches without a clue is a pretty hopeless task.

Perhaps future checkins that the checker-inner feels are essential could be
commented as such in a machine-findable way?

an-ounce-of-foresight-is-worth-a-sheet-of-foreskin-or-something-like-that-ly
    y'rs  - tim