[Python-Dev] More flexible namespaces.

Christian Tismer tismer at appliedbiometrics.com
Sat Jun 12 15:27:45 CEST 1999

Guido van Rossum wrote:

> > From: Christian Tismer <tismer at appliedbiometrics.com>
>
> > I'd really like to look into that.
> > Also I wouldn't worry too much about speed, since this is
> > such a cool feature. It might even be a speedup in some cases
> > which otherwise would need more complex handling.
> >
> > May I have a look?
>
> Sure!
>
> (I've forwarded Christian the files per separate mail.)
>
> I'm also interested in your opinion on how well thought-out and robust
> the patches are -- I've never found the time to do a good close
> reading of them.

Coming back from the stackless task with is finished now,
I popped this task from my stack.

I had a look and it seems well-thought and robust so far.
To make a more trustable claim, I would need to build and test it.

Is this still of interest, or should I drop it?
The follow-ups in this thread indicated that the opinions
about flexible namespaces were quite mixed. So,
should I waste time in building and testing or better save it?

chris

Kaiserin-Augusta-Allee 101   :    *Starship* http://starship.python.net
10553 Berlin                 :     PGP key -> http://wwwkeys.pgp.net