[Python-Dev] String methods... finally

M.-A. Lemburg mal at lemburg.com
Wed Jun 16 10:29:27 CEST 1999

Guido van Rossum wrote:

> > Is there any sort of agreement that Python will use L"..." to denote
> > Unicode strings?  I would be happy with it.
>
> I don't know of any agreement, but it makes sense.

The u"..." looks more intuitive too me. While inheriting C/C++
constructs usually makes sense I think usage in the C community
is not that wide-spread yet and for a Python freak, the small u will
definitely remind him of Unicode whereas the L will stand for
(nearly) unlimited length/precision.

Not that this is important, but...

--
Marc-Andre Lemburg
Y2000:                                                   198 days left