[Python-Dev] automatic wildcard expansion on Win32

Tim Peters tim_one at email.msn.com
Sat Jun 19 03:26:42 CEST 1999

[MarkH, with *the* killer argument <0.3 wink>]

> Your horror story of the incorrect file being deleted could then
> only be blamed on the application, not on Python!

Sold!

Some years ago in the Perl world, they solved this by making regular old
perl.exe not expand wildcards on Windows, but also supplying perlglob.exe
which did.

Don't know what they're doing today, but they apparently changed their minds
at least once, as the couple-years-old version of perl.exe on my machine
does do wildcard expansion, and does the wrong (i.e., the Windows <wink>)
thing.

screw-it-ly y'rs  - tim