[Python-Dev] automatic wildcard expansion on Win32

Guido van Rossum guido at CNRI.Reston.VA.US
Tue Jun 22 00:44:24 CEST 1999

> Some years ago in the Perl world, they solved this by making regular old
> perl.exe not expand wildcards on Windows, but also supplying perlglob.exe
> which did.

This seems a reasonable way out.  Just like we have pythonw.exe, we
could add pythong.exe and pythongw.exe (or pythonwg.exe?).  I guess
it's time for a README.txt file to be installed explaining all the
different executables...  By default the g versions would not be used
unless invoked explicitly.