[Python-Dev] Paul Prescod: add Expat to 1.6

Guido van Rossum guido at CNRI.Reston.VA.US
Mon Jun 28 21:35:04 CEST 1999

> Paul Prescod sent the following note to the XML-SIG mailing list.
> Thoughts?

I don't know any of the acronyms, and I'm busy writing a funding
proposal plus two talks for the Monterey conference, so I don't have
any thoughts to spare at the moment.  Perhaps someone could present
the case with some more background info?  (It does sounds intriguing,
but then again I'm not sure how many people *really* need to parse XML
-- it doesn't strike me as something of the same generality as regular
expressions yet.)