[Python-Dev] Python for Small Systems patch

Ivan Porres Paltor Ivan.Porres at abo.fi
Wed May 5 10:29:21 CEST 1999

Python for Small Systems is a minimal version of the python interpreter,
intended to run on small embedded systems with a limited amount of
memory.

Since there is some interest in the newsgroup, we have decide to release
an alpha version of the patch. You can download the patch from the
following page:

http://www.abo.fi/~iporres/python

There is no documentation about the changes, but I guess that it is not
so difficult to figure out what Raul has been doing.

There are some simple examples in the Demo/hitachi directory. The
configure scripts are broken. We plan to modify the configure scripts
for cross-compilation. We are still testing, cleaning
and trying to reduce the memory requirements of the patched interpreter.
We also plan to write some documentation.

Please send comments to Raul (rparra at abo.fi) or to me (iporres at abo.fi),

Regards,
Ivan

--
Ivan Porres Paltor                    Turku Centre for Computer Science
Åbo Akademi, Department of Computer Science  Phone: +358-2-2154033