regexp performance (Re: [Python-Dev] I18N Toolkit

Fredrik Lundh fredrik@pythonware.com
Wed, 10 Nov 1999 11:50:05 +0100

Andrew M. Kuchling <akuchlin@mems-exchange.org> wrote:
> (Speeding up PCRE -- that's another question.  I'm often tempted to
> rewrite pcre_compile to generate an easier-to-analyse parse tree,
> instead of its current complicated-but-memory-parsimonious compiler,
> but I'm very reluctant to introduce a fork like that.)

any special pattern constructs that are in need of per-
formance improvements?  (compared to Perl, that is).

or maybe anyone has an extensive performance test
suite for perlish regular expressions?  (preferrably based
on how real people use regular expressions, not only on
things that are known to be slow if not optimized)

</F>