[Python-Dev] string methods branch

Barry A. Warsaw bwarsaw@cnri.reston.va.us (Barry A. Warsaw)
Tue, 12 Oct 1999 16:21:02 -0400 (EDT)

Guido has agreed to let me mainline the string methods branch.  Those
of you on python-checkins should have seen the CVS messages by now.
This is a good thing because I think we can all agree we hate CVS
branches.  For me, that final merge put the nail in the coffin.

Anyway, those of you who have put off playing with string methods
until now should just be able to do a CVS update, rebuild, and go.
You should read the revision log messages for the branch checkins for
details of the changes.  Let me know if you have any problems.  Fred
and I will work out changes to the documentation some time soon.

>>> sig=['branches','are','only','useful','for','trees','and','streams','ly']
>>> print '-'.join(sig) + " y'rs"

-Barry