[Python-Dev] Re: Path hacking

Thu, 16 Sep 1999 12:49:12 -0500 (CDT)

    Gordon> In the soon-to-be-published beta version of my installer, I've
    Gordon> got that down to exceptions.py.

Why not just run exceptions.py through Python2C, visually and experimentally
verify that it works, then ship an exceptions.c as an optional module?
People wanting to ship self-contained packages could then toss exceptions.py
and build the C version of the exceptions module.

Greg, is there anything in exceptions.py Python2C couldn't handle?

Skip Montanaro | http://www.mojam.com/
skip@mojam.com | http://www.musi-cal.com/~skip/
847-971-7098   | Python: Programming the way Guido indented...