[Python-Dev] getopt helper?

Mark Hammond mhammond@skippinet.com.au
Thu, 30 Sep 1999 20:09:53 +1000

> > Basically _every_ time I use getopt, I write code like this:

> Why not just add a higher level interface ? Something
> like CommandLine.py which is included in mxDateTime ?

Because _every_ time I use getopt, I write code like that :-)

A higher level interface would maybe be handy, but it simply occurred
to me that every time I used the module I used that pattern.  I just
got sick of typing it all the time and wondered if it struck a chord
with anyone else (and I dont have or use a general purpose "mhutil"
module :-)  Im really just trying to save myself 10 lines of
boilerplate coding, not introduce a new standard module :-)

Mark.