[Python-Dev] Crash in new "trashcan" mechanism.

Jeremy Hylton jeremy@cnri.reston.va.us
Mon, 10 Apr 2000 12:05:14 -0400 (EDT)

  CT> I think it is fine that it crashed.  There are obviously
  CT> extension modules left where the interpreter lock rule is
  CT> violated.  The builtin Python code has been checked, there are
  CT> most probably no holes, including tkinter.  Or, I made a mistake
  CT> in this little code:

I think have misunderstood at least one of Mark's bug report and your
response.  Does the problem Mark reported rely on extension code?  I
thought the bug was triggered by running pure Python code.  If that is
the case, then it can never be fine that it crashed.  If the problem
relies on extension code, then there ought to be a way to write the
extension so that it doesn't cause a crash.

Jeremy

PS Mark: Is the transformer.py you attached different from the one in
the nondist/src/Compiler tree?  It looks like the only differences are
with the whitespace.