[Python-Dev] httplib again (was: Getting ready for 1.6 alpha 2)

Greg Stein gstein@lyra.org
Mon, 10 Apr 2000 12:19:57 -0700 (PDT)

On Mon, 10 Apr 2000, Guido van Rossum wrote:
> > > Please, send only simple or essential patches between now and the
> > > release date!
> >
> > Jeremy reminded me that my new httplib.py is still pending integration.
>
> There will be another alpha release after I'm back -- I think this
> isn't that urgent.

True, but depending on location, it also has zero impact on the release.
In other words: added functionality for testing, with no potential for
breakage.

> (Plus, just because you're you, you'd have to mail
> me a wet signature. :-)

You've got one on file already :-)

[ I sent it back in December; was it misplaced, and I need to resend? ]

> I am opposed to a net.* package until the reorganization discussion
> has resulted in a solid design.

Not a problem. Mine easily replaces httplib.py in its current location. It
is entirely backwards compat. A new class is used to get the new
functionality, and a compat "HTTP" class is provided (leveraging the new
HTTPConnection class).

Cheers,
-g

--