[Python-Dev] Re: [Python-checkins] CVS: python/dist/src/Modules mmapmodule.c,2.5,2.6

Guido van Rossum guido@python.org
Mon, 10 Apr 2000 17:43:03 -0400

> Euh... this is the incorrect fix. The 0 is wrong to begin with.
>
> Mark Favas submitted a proper patch for this. See his "Revised Patches for
> bug report 258" posted to patches@python.org on April 4th.

Sigh.  You're right.  I've seen two patches to mmapmodule.c since he
posted that patch, and no comments on his patch, so I thought his
patch was already incorporated.  I was wrong.

Note that this module still gives 6 warnings on VC6.0, all C4018: '>'
or '>=' signed/unsigned mismatch.  I wish someone gave me a patch for
that too.

Unrelated: _sre.c also has a bunch of VC6 warnings -- all C4761,
integral size mismatch in argument: conversion supplied.  This is all
about the calls to SRE_IS_DIGIT and SRE_IS_SPACE.  The error occurs 8
times on 4 different lines, and is reported in a cyclic fashion: 106,
108, 110, 112, 106, 108, ..., etc., probably due to sre's recursive
self-include tricks?