[Python-Dev] Arbitrary attributes on funcs and methods

Christian Tismer tismer@tismer.com
Wed, 12 Apr 2000 21:06:00 +0200

bwarsaw@cnri.reston.va.us wrote:

>     JH> Fred and I were just talking, and he observed that a variant
>     JH> of Python that included a syntactic mechanism to specify more
>     JH> than one attribute (effectively, a multiple doc string syntax)
>     JH> might be less objectionable than setting arbitrary attributes
>     JH> at runtime.  Neither of us could imagine just what that syntax
>     JH> would be.
>
> So it's the writability of the attributes that bothers you?  Maybe we
> need WORM-attrs? :)

Why don't you just use WORM programming style.

Write it once (into the CVS) and get many complaints :-)

chris

--
Christian Tismer             :^)   <mailto:tismer@appliedbiometrics.com>