[Python-Dev] Re: [Zope-dev] >2GB Data.fs files on FreeBSD

R. David Murray bitz@bitdance.com
Thu, 13 Apr 2000 16:04:56 -0400 (EDT)

OK, some more info.  The code in FileStorage.py looks like this:

-------------------
def read_index(file, name, index, vindex, tindex, stop='\377'*8,
               ltid=z64, start=4, maxoid=z64):

    read=file.read
    seek=file.seek
    seek(0,2)
    file_size=file.tell()

    print file_size, start

    if file_size:
        if file_size < start: raise FileStorageFormatError, file.name
[etc]

I stuck that print statement in there.  The results of the print are:

-2147248811L 4

So it looks to my uneducated eye like file.tell() is broken.  The actual
on-disk size of the file, by the way, is indeed 2147718485, so it looks
like somebody's not using the right size data structure somewhere.

So, can anyone tell me what to look for, or am I stuck for the moment?

--RDM

PS: anyone on pthon-dev replying please CC me as I am only on the zope list.