[Python-Dev] Object customization (was: Arbitrary attributes on funcs and methods)

Fredrik Lundh Fredrik Lundh" <effbot@telia.com
Fri, 14 Apr 2000 06:58:50 +0200

Tim Peters wrote:
> [Gordon McMillan]
> > Or are you saying that if functions have attributes, people will
> > all of a sudden expect that function locals will have initialized
> > and maintained state?
>=20
> I expect that they'll expect exactly what happens in JavaScript, which
> supports function attributes too, and where it's often used as a
> nicer-than-globals way to get the effect of C-like mutable statics
> (conceptually) local to the function.

so it's no longer an experimental feature, it's a "static variables"
thing?

umm.   I had nearly changed my mind to a "okay, if you insist +1",
but now it's back to -1 again.  maybe in Py3K...

</F>