[Python-Dev] Object customization (was: Arbitrary attributes on funcs and methods)

Paul Prescod paul@prescod.net
Fri, 14 Apr 2000 11:21:31 -0500

Mark Hammond wrote:

> AFAIK, this would be a pretty serious change.  The compiler just
> generates (basically)PyObject_SetAttr() calls.

I posted a proposal a few days back that does not use the "." SetAttr
syntax and is clearly distinguisable (visually and by the compiler) from
runtime property assignment.

http://www.python.org/pipermail/python-dev/2000-April/004875.html

The response was light but positive...

"Ivory towers are no longer in order. We need ivory
networks. Today, sitting quietly and thinking is the
world's greatest generator of wealth and prosperity."
 - http://www.bespoke.org/viridian/print.asp?t=140