[Python-Dev] Object customization (was: Arbitrary attributes onfuncs and methods)

Fredrik Lundh Fredrik Lundh" <effbot@telia.com
Fri, 14 Apr 2000 20:32:26 +0200

Ken Manheimer wrote:
> I want function attributes.  (There are all sorts of occasions i need =
cues
> to classify functions for executives that map and apply them, and this
> seems like the perfect way to couple that information with the
> object.  Much nicer than having to mangle the names of the functions, =
or
> create some external registry with the classifications.)

how do you expect to find all methods that has a given
attribute?

> And i think i'd want them even more if they were visible within the
> function, so i could do static variables.  Why is that a bad thing?

because it doesn't work, unless you change python in a
backwards incompatible way.

that's okay in py3k, it's not okay in 1.6.

</F>